A person has been hit by a train been New Cross Gate and Norwood Junction resulting in all lines being blocked between these stations.
Trains across the entire Southern and Thameslink network may be cancelled, delayed or revised.
Major disruption is expected until 11:00.
Your journey will be extended by up to 60 minutes this morning. Instead of travelling from London Bridge, please use London Victoria or London Waterloo as an alternative station.
The following stations will not be served by Southern services:
- Anerley – If you are at Anerley please make your way to Anerley Road station bus stop C and take 157 to Norwood Junction to resume your train journey.
- Penge West – Take bus 197 from Thicket Road stop N towards Norwood Junction and join Southern & Thameslink services from there
If you are travelling to and from the following stations please take London Overground services and change at New Cross Gate for Southern services towards London and East Croydon:
- Forest Hill
- Honor Oak Park
To help with your journey, tickets will be accepted on the following services:
- Gatwick Express services between London Victoria and Brighton
- London Buses between East Croydon and London terminals
- London Overground services between Crystal Palace and Highbury & Islington
- London Underground via any reasonable route
- Southern services between London Victoria and Brighton
- Southeastern services between London Victoria and Orpington
- South Western Railway services between London Waterloo and Wimbledon
- Thameslink services between London Bridge and Brighton
- Tramlink services between Wimbledon and East Croydon
You may also use METROBUS services on the following routes:
- 272 for Crawley, Three Bridges, Haywards Heath, Wivelsfield, Burgess Hill and Brighton.
- 271 / 273 for Crawley, Haywards Heath, Wivelsfield, Burgess Hill, Hassocks and Brighton
- 430 for Reigate, Redhill and Merstham
- 460 for Reigate, Redhill, Salfords, Horley, Gatwick and Crawley
- 100 for Three Bridges, Gatwick, Horley, Salfords, Earlswood and Redhill
- 400 between East Grinstead and Caterham (for Three Bridges, Crawley, Gatwick Airport, Horley, Salfords and Redhill)
- 291 between Crawley and Tunbridge Wells (for Three Bridges, East Grinstead and Tunbridge Wells)
- 281 between Crawley and Tunbridge Wells (for Three Bridges and East Grinstead)
- 270 between East Grinstead and Haywards Heath (for connections with mainline train services)
- 84 between East Grinstead and Crawley (via Three Bridges)
The followings routes are currently affected:
- London Bridge to Norwood Junction
- services are suspended at present.
- London Bridge to Caterham
- services severely reduced at present
Delays of up to 40 minutes may occur on Thameslink train services between London Bridge and East Croydon due to train being diverted via an alternative route.
Our thoughts at RailAdvent are with everyone involved in the incident.
For the Latest Railway News
RailAdvent Online Shop
Framed Prints, DVD’s / Blu-Ray’s and more
Come and share your railway pictures
Mainline Steam Info
Upcoming mainline steam tours/loco movements