Northern has announced that Rotherham Central station is unlikely to re-open for rail service before Friday with work ongoing to deal with problems caused by flooding.
Earlier today, normal services resumed on most other lines in South Yorkshire.
Work continues across the region to repair damage caused by floods and prepare the tracks for full timetables.
Northern passengers across the network are advised to allow extra time for travel and to check ahead as there remains the potential for disruption.
Status at 8 pm on Tuesday 12 November
- Rotherham Central will remain closed to rail customers until Friday at the earliest.
- Doncaster – Scunthorpe: a full service will operate between Doncaster and Scunthorpe.
- Sheffield – Hull: a full service is in operation between Doncaster and Hull, but services will not continue through to Sheffield.
- Sheffield – Doncaster: a full service is in operation between Sheffield and Doncaster, though services will not continue through to Adwick.
- Sheffield – Leeds via Moorthorpe, flooding at Rotherham Central means services will not call at Rotherham until further notice. The line at Rotherham will be closed until at least Friday.
Passengers are advised to listen for announcements
For the Latest Railway News
RailAdvent Online Shop
Framed Prints, DVD’s / Blu-Ray’s and more
Come and share your railway pictures
Mainline Steam Info
Upcoming mainline steam tours/loco movements