Sunday 29th September 2019 saw the North Yorkshire Moors Railway host their amazing 2019 Annual Steam Gala.
Over the weekend of the 27th, 28th & 29th September 2019 would see the NYMR run lots of steam locomotives including visiting guests locos such as:
- 6990 Witherslack Hall, visiting from the Great Central Railway
- 6023 King Edward II, visiting from Didcot Railway Centre
- 60009 Union of South Africa, visiting from the mainline
- 2253 Omaha, visiting courtesy of the Dartmouth Steam Railway after being overhauled.
This gala was a busy gala featuring passenger trains, freight trains, Whitby shuttle services & lots of doubleheaders.
With the Sunday doubleheaders being,
- 62005 & 1264
- 6023 King Edward II & 6990 Witherslack Hall
- 926 Repton & 825
This gala also featured a few returning locos such as SR S15, no. 825 & BR 9F no. 92134, hauling her first trains in preservation after being restored from Barry Scrapyard condition.
Locos that featured on the Sunday of the gala:
- 6990 Witherslack Hall
- 6023 King Edward II
- 5428 Eric Treacy
- 60009 Union of South Africa
- 926 Repton
RailView filmed this gala at:
- Beck Hole
- Esk Valley
Here are some images from our day:
See more of videos like this on RailView’s YouTube Channel by clicking here.