London North Eastern Railway has announced that they are experiencing major delays to services after a person was hit by a train between Doncaster and Newark North Gate.
Major disruption is expected until 13:15.
As a result of this, trains may be cancelled, revised or delayed by up to 60 minutes and is effecting Grand Central and LNER services.
LNER state that if you can travel tomorrow (Wednesday 16th October) then you may do so with a ticket stating Tuesday 15th October.
The 06:56 Edinburgh to London Kings Cross is the train involved and a Thunderbird locomotive has been activated.
This is sad news to report here at RailAdvent, and our thoughts are sent out to everyone in today’s incident.
Below is the latest advice for passengers travelling today:
Grand Central Customer Advice:
Passengers can use tickets on any of the following:
- CrossCountry via any reasonable route
- East Midlands Railway between Sheffield and London St Pancras International
- LNER via any reasonable route
LNER Customer Advice:
Passengers can use tickets on the following:
- East Midlands Railway between Newark Castle or Sheffield and London St Pancras International via Nottingham
- Virgin Trains between London Euston to Edinburgh and Manchester
- Transpennine Express between Leeds and York to connect into Cross Country or LNER services
- Transpennine Express between Leeds / Manchester towards Sheffield to connect with East Midlands Railway towards Virgin Trains services
- CrossCountry services between Doncaster and Scotland
- Grand Central services from Doncaster in both directions.
For the Latest Railway News
RailAdvent Online Shop
Framed Prints, DVD’s / Blu-Ray’s and more
Come and share your railway pictures
Mainline Steam Info
The latest info on mainline steam tours/loco movements