Direct Rail Services has announced that they have some vacancies at some of their depots.
Opportunities have become available at DRS’ Motherwell, Rugby and Crewe depots.
Kylie joined DRS in 2018 with no background in the rail industry but an interest and passion to learn and develop in an operational role. One year later, she is supporting the day to day traincrew operations at York.
The operator’s outstanding DRS Training Academy will develop and support you on your new and exciting journey.
Key roles for successful people are:
- To carry out train preparation in support of all Direct Rail Services rail movements
- To carry out shunting duties in support of all Direct Rail Services rail movement requirements
- To comply with all procedures and instructions relevant to carrying out the role of Train Person
- To carry out ‘on the ground’ activities in support of rail movements, e.g. Hand points operation
- To work to improve and maintain high standards of housekeeping and safety in yours and others working areas
- To carry out rail vehicle ‘Fitness to Run’ examinations as required
- To comply with all necessary reporting procedures associated with this role e.g. Train Fault & TOPS Reporting
- To carry out road vehicle driving activities necessary to support rail movements
- To complete all rail movement documentation relevant to your role, and ensure effective hand-over on completion of these rail movements
- To undertake other duties as required by the needs of the business
- To ensure understanding and conformance to the company’s Safety Policy, procedures and notices to minimise personal risks and safeguard the interests of the business
If you are interested, please click here.
Closing date for applications is the 12th August at 5 pm.