Sunday 7th July 2019, saw two Class 50 locomotives double head from Scotland to the West Midlands on a private charter.
This day saw 50007 Hercules & 50049 Defiance in their new GBRF liveries on a GBRF private charter from Motherwell to Birmingham New Street.
This tour saw the 50s head through places such as
Haymarket, Edinburgh Waverley, Berwick-upon-Tweed, Newcastle, Durham, Darlington, Northallerton, Thirsk, York, Church Fenton, Moorthorpe, Swinton, Chesterfield, Belper, Derby, Burton-on-Trent, Tamworth & Water Orton.
This day saw RailView film the Class 50s at,
- Hasland, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, passing through at 16:13, on time.
- Hagg Hill, Tupton, outside Chesterfield, Derbyshire passing through at 16:15 on time
Info about the Class 50:
- Power type Diesel-electric
- Built by English Electric at Vulcan Foundry
- Built date, 1967-1968
- Total Produced, 50
- Wheel configuration, Co-Co
- Engine, 246 litres 16 cylinder (15,000 cu in) diesel engine
- Power output ,2,700 BHP
- Max Speed, 100MPH
- Nickname, Hoover
See more of videos like this on RailView’s YouTube Channel by clicking here.