In the continued dispute over the role of guards and Driver Only Operation.
This announcement comes as Northern members gear up for the 41st day of strike action on Saturday.
Currently, the upcoming set of
- 00:01 hours and 23:59 hours on Saturday 22nd December 2018
- 00:01 hours and 23:59 hours on Saturday 29th December 2018
The additional dates for strikes are set to be:
- 00.01 Hours and 23.59 Hours on Saturday 5th January 2019
- 00.01 Hours and 23.59 Hours on Saturday 12th January 2019
- 00.01 Hours and 23.59 Hours on Saturday 19th January 2019
- 00.01 Hours and 23.59 Hours on Saturday 26th January 2019
What did the officials say?
RMT General Secretary Mick Cash said:
“RMT continues to make every effort to get serious and meaningful talks going with Northern but the company are not interested and would prefer to call for an inquiry into the dispute to deflect attention from the impact of their behaviour on the travelling public.
“German-owned Northern Rail want to run nearly half a million trains a year without a safety critical guard on board in a move that would wreck both safety and access to services and they should listen to their front-line staff and pull back from that plan immediately.
“We thank the public for their support and understanding throughout this dispute over rail safety and access and the union remains ready for genuine and serious talks.”
For the Latest Railway News
Christmas Present Ideas
Framed Prints, DVD’s / Blu-Ray’s and more in the RailAdvent Online Shop
LocoStop – The RailAdvent Community
Come and share your railway pictures
Visit their website