The Leighton Buzzard Railway is set to offer their most intensive timetable ever seen in recent years at their upcoming Annual Steam Gala.
The gala, held over the weekend of 15th and 16th September 2018, will see nine departures each day from Page’s Park between 10 am and 4 pm with trains running every 40 minutes in the morning and early afternoon.
Each departure is planned to be operated by a different locomotive, and with ten locomotives intended to be in steam, it is certainly going to a brilliant gala.
There will be visiting locomotives operating alongside the home fleet, one of which is yet to be announced.
Visiting locos planned:
- Patrick Keef’s 1924 Bagnall 0-4-0 ‘Woto’
- Nick Williams’ Andrew Barclay 0-4-0 ‘Jack’ built in 1925
Leighton Buzzard residents in action:
- De Winton 0-4-0 vertical boiler loco ‘Chaloner’ built in 1877
- Baguley 0-4-0 loco ‘Rishra’ built in 1921
- O&K 0-4-0 loco ‘P C Allen’ of 1913
- O&K 0-6-0 loco ‘Pedemoura’ of 1924
- Andrew Barclay 0-6-0 ‘Doll’ of 1919
Also, visitors will be able to have the opportunity to see ‘Elf’ in the Engine Shed Show as it is currently out of service awaiting an overhaul.
Additionally, some trains will be operated as a mixed passenger and freight train, there will also be light engine movements, freight trains and a demonstration with Ruston Bucyrus 10RB digger.
Tickets are now available online and normal fares will apply. If you would like to book your tickets for free, then please click here.
The planned loco allocation will be posted as soon as it’s finalised.
- Visit the RailAdvent news homepage
For the latest railway news
- Visit the RailAdvent Shop
For railway related goodies!
- Visit LocoStop – Our New Social Network
Come and share your photo’s and video’s, join the discussion.
Find out what others are sharing
- Visit the Leighton Buzzard Railway website
For more information