Back in May Half Term, we made our first visit to the Bure Valley Railway, which is found in Norfolk.
This railway is a narrow gauge railway which takes passengers on the nine mile route between Wroxham and Aylsham.
It came as a surprise to us when we found out that the railway was holding their ‘Everything Goes’ Gala.
Every locomotive which was operational was in service, including P-Way locomotives.
An intensive timetable was in operation and meant we managed to take a ride on every locomotive which was running on the day that we visited.
Bure Valley locomotives which feature in this video are:
– 2-6-4T No. 1 ‘Wroxham Broad’
– 2-6-2 No. 6 ‘Blickling Hall’
– 2-6-2 No. 8 ‘John of Gaunt’
– 2-6-4 No. 9 ‘Mark Timothy’
– Diesel Locomotive No.3 “2nd Air Division USAAF”
Big thanks to the Bure Valley for an excellent event, we look forward to visiting in the future!
- Visit the Bure Valley Railway Website
For more information