This weekend, the Nene Valley Railway are celebrating 40 years of preservation with a special anniversary weekend with an intensive timetable and two visiting mainline locos.
The visiting locomotives to the gala will be No. 46100 ‘Royal Scot’ and Deltic No. 55022 ‘Royal Scots Grey’ (masquerading as 55018 ‘Ballymoss’)
These visiting locomotives will join the homefleet of locomotives of Bulleid Battle of Britain Light Pacific No. 34081 ’92 Squadron’, No. 1 ‘Thomas’, Class 31 No. 31271, Class 14 and the LMS Steam Crane in Wansford.
Please note: seats are limited on Thomas’ train, but rides behind Thomas will depart Wansford at 10:00, 10:30, 11:15, 12:15, 13:00, 14:00, 15:00 and 16:10.
What other activities?
- Workshop viewing gallery where you can see the restoration of our flagship locomotive Standard Class 5 No 73050 City of Peterborough
- Classic Bus Services – Sunday 4th Only
- Brake Van Rides – Saturday 3rd only (Brake Van rides will operate at 10:35, 11:35, 12:35, 13:35 & 14:30 – Tickets are £5.00 if you have a gala ticket or £10 if not)
- Footplate ride on 31271 – Sunday 4th only
An intensive timetable will be in operation over the two days. Click here for the timetable
- Visit the Nene Valley Railway Website
For more information