The Leighton Buzzard Railway has been awarded the award for ‘Outstanding Contribution to Preservation’
The award is the highest national award that the Heritage Railway Association give and will be given to the railway formally on the 11th February 2017.
Over the last year the railway as been involved in many projects including…
- Construction of the New Station at Pages Park.
- The full restoration of locomotive Pedermoura (Orenstein & Koppel 0-6-0WT) – which took 11 years to complete.
- The heavy overhaul of Baldwin 778 which was contracted out in conjunction with the Greensland Railway Museum Trust.
- Other overhauls on De Winton loco ‘Chaloner’, O&K ‘P C Allen’, Baguley ‘Rishra’ and O&K ‘Elf’.
- The marking of the centenary of the Simplex Petrol Loco in conjunction with Higgins of Bedford.
- Put on the Simplex centenary event, with gaps in the LBR’s own extensive collection filled by visitors. The highlight came at the end when a record 17 Simplex locos hauled the last train of the day.
Our Trip to the Leighton Buzzard Light Railway back in 2015
- Visit the Leighton Buzzard Light Railway
For more information