As you may be aware, on Saturday the 11th June, The Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland Railways ran a special train called the ‘Snowdonian Limited’.
The ‘Snowdonian Limited’ was for pre-booked ticket holders only. The 10 hour journey ran from Porthmadog – Caernarfon – Blaenau Ffestiniog – Porthmadog.
Key Highlights of the ‘Snowdonian Limited’
The journey was quite different from normal in a few respects:-
- A water tanker was attached for the Porthmadog – Caernarfon leg, this removed the need to water the engine at Beddgelert
- The train ran non-stop through a number of the stations on route including Beddgelert, Rhyd Ddu and Waunfawr, this involved having additional staff on hand to enable the necessary token changes
- The Ffestiniog section of the trip was hauled by 3 steam engines, Velinheli, Prince and Linda
We followed the train throughout the journey and you can see the highlights of the day in our 30 minute video above.
- Visit the Ffestiniog Railway Website
For train times and information
- See more about the Ffestiniog Railway
Here on the RailAdvent website